CTS Coupe earns MotorWeek Drivers’ Choice Award
February 10th, 2011
MotorWeek, television’s longest-running automotive series, announced this week the Cadillac CTS Sport Coupe won the Best Sport Coupe category in its 2011 Drivers’ Choice Awards.
MotorWeek’s staff selects the winners from more than 150 new cars, trucks and SUVs that it tests each year. In honoring the CTS Coupe, MotorWeek cited the car’s design and performance.
“This ultra-modern sports coupe is above all else, an extreme head-turner,” said MotorWeek host John Davis. “Even though it’s a 2+2, rear seat legroom shrinks by less than inch from the sedan. Now add to that two very healthy powertrains — including the V-Series’ roaring 556-horsepower V8 – and excellent overall handling and braking, and we think the CTS Coupe is the right way for Cadillac to show it’s ready to take on all comers.”
The CTS Coupe will be featured on the special MotorWeek 2011 Drivers’ Choice episode which begins airing Saturday, February 12, on PBS stations. The episode will debut February 22 on Discovery Channel’s HD Theater.
“The CTS Coupe is continuing to turn heads as Cadillac brings bold, new thinking to the luxury space,” said Don Butler, vice president of Cadillac marketing. “The Drivers’ Choice Award from MotorWeek is a significant recognition that Cadillac is making a name for itself with distinctive design and world-class performance.”
The CTS Coupe, introduced for the 2011 model year, joined the highly acclaimed CTS line-up, which also features the CTS Sport Sedan and CTS Sport Wagon. The CTS family’s list of recently won accolades includes:
* MotorWeek 2011 Drivers’ Choice Award: Best Coupe (CTS Coupe)
* Edmunds Inside Line Most Wanted Awards for 2011 (CTS-V Wagon)
* Car and Driver 10Best List for 2011 (CTS-V Sedan, Coupe and Wagon)
* AUTOMOBILE Magazine 2011 All-Star (CTS-V Wagon)
* MSN Autos Editors Choice Award for 2010 (CTS-V Wagon)
* AutoWeek Best of the Best Car for 2011 (CTS-V Coupe)
* Popular Mechanics Auto Excellence Award: Top 10 Cars of 2011 (CTS Coupe)
* Motor Authority Best Performance/Luxury Car to Buy for 2011 (CTS-V Coupe and Wagon).
* Internet Car of the Year (Pros Pick) for 2010 (CTS-V Coupe)